I pledge to satisfy the following conditions regarding horses in my care:
- Ensure that all horses in my care (including horses not adopted) are up to date on their shots and de-worming.
- Ensure that horses in my care are housed in conditions that meet or exceed all standards as defined by AAEP or local authorities.
- Provide appropriate food, clean water, and shelter for all animals in my care.
- Notify the adoptive organization of any aggression or other characteristic that might cause a safety risk for horse or anyone that comes in contact. No organization will willingly place a vicious or otherwise seriously temperamentally unsound animal in an adoptive home.
- Contact my adoptive organization if my adopted horse dies, or has been euthanized.
- Contact my adoptive organization if for any reason I am no longer able to keep my adopted horse for any reason.
- I will not, under any circumstances, sell or otherwise transfer my adoptive horse if my adoption contract stipulates that the horse be returned to the adoptive organization.